Lists are fun! Are you a list person? I like making lists.
- Ridiculously excited about my inversions. I can now successfully do a bound headstand, feet on the wall. I kick my legs upward and they get to the wall easily, without my upper body collapsing. Nothing hurts.. when I get out of it, it’s usually because I try to hold it without the wall, which I still can’t. As long as I keep one foot on the wall, I’m good. I am so ridiculously excited that it’s all I can think about now. If I could use the computer while inverted, I would.
- I’ve been reading weekend books for the past few days now. I have seriously started and finished four books since Thursday. Not the kind I recommend to others…. and not the kind I go on record as having read…. but fun, stupid, romantic weekend books to get out of your head for a few hours. I’m probably ready to go back to my usual books now, though. Probably. These weekend books are too damn fun.
- I think I’m ready to go back to making healthy eating choices. Hunting for yoga videos on YouTube, I came across someone who said a few things about fat yogis. While I don’t agree with 99% of what she said, there was something that resonated with me….. she said people who take yoga seriously don’t have unhealthy eating habits. Now, as you should all know if you are smart people who don’t assume things without investigating, unhealthy eating habits doesn’t mean fat, and healthy eating habits doesn’t mean thin. There are people with unhealthy eating habits that are thinner than you, me and everyone in between. “Thin” and “healthy” are two different concepts that don’t necessarily have to go hand in hand. I do agree that once you start taking yoga seriously and you start understanding many things about the practice, you don’t want to pollute your body, so that’s what I want to stop doing. More specifically, less sugar and carbs, more vegetables and protein. My goal is to be a fit yogi… whether it means fat or thin, I couldn’t care less.
- While in the topic of yoga, GUESS WHO WILL SOON BE THE PROUD OWNER OF A YOGA WHEEL??!?!!??!?!? Well, I’m already the owner, I’m just waiting for it to roll its way down to me. I got a Seigla yoga wheel (Amazon link) in a gorgeous aqua+black combination.. at 51% off I couldn’t not, know what I mean? I blogged about wanting one on February 29th.. I’ve been wanting one for even longer than that.
- I’m happily writing away in my “Instant Happy Journal” daily. I blogged about it back in November and mentioned I wanted to start it in 2016, which I did, and I’m still going strong. I believe in positive thought, and the book reminds me of it. It’s the first thing I do when I get to work.. and it sometimes works at setting the mood for what the rest of the day will be like.
- Also, maybe I haven’t learned my lesson, but I just ordered “The Tabasco Cookbook” via Blogging for Books. It has 144 pages and 80 recipes. I am focusing on the “80 recipes” bit. I’m determined to find pretty cookbooks for when I have a kitchen of my own.
- Ok, I’m about to confess to something that might change the way you see me: I’m obsessed with Dr. Pimple Popper‘s YouTube channel. Click at your own risk.
- …. speaking of obsessed, my crush for Chris Martin has resurfaced. I’m not too in love with Coldplay‘s latest album “A Head Full Of Dreams” (Spotify link).. I like a few songs, but it isn’t like “A Rush Of Blood To The Head“(Spotify link) where I liked every song on it. Or “Parachutes” (Spotify link), where I liked almost every song on it. Still, for some reason, after watching his Carpool Karaoke video and clicking on a few interviews and such, my crush is back. His smile is very genuine.
- “The Night Manager” was fuuuun. It will premier in the US on April 19th. Make a point to watch it (or let the 6 episodes accumulate and binge-watch) because it’s seriously fun, and there’s lots of eye candy – gorgeous people and gorgeous landscapes. And a very fun plot!